Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Yesterday... what about yesterday??

Some days I'm just a reader..... although I will lay low from the tortured library book event. I am still pretty scared over that book.... anyways....I realized that I have some little anecdotes that I will need to document for future reference.... for what.. I am not sure quite yet.
I took the Pipster to the dentist yesterday... she needed to have some work done on a tooth that had continued to decay despite a filling. Oh what a lucky girl she is. She loves candy. Poor girl. She rarely gets pop. Good mother. anyways... as usual the Pipster is pissed about going to the dentist... not because she's frightened.. only because it is disrupting her day, doing things that she likes to do.... I realized an intervenion would be required.. because her usual level of acceptance had dropped into negative numbers. I was frightened... I had to act fast... ah food. That is what makes this girls world rock!!! I mentioned that we would go out to her favourite restaurant after the dentist.... well, we would visit "our friends" the bears, (to let the freezing wear off a bit).. then take her out to eat. That brought an immediate smile to her face. Yae for me....I scored on this one. Off we went. .....wait, wait, wait,.... eventually the dentist emerged. He's a good guy... married, no kids yet..way too nice.. very polite... always worried if he's hurting you... he won't have a long life. Anyways... he comes out... "So.... we're done," he begins...."but she wouldn't let me freeze her mouth"....."oh, so what have you been doing in their all this time?" I ask. "We fixed her... he said shaking his head in amazement....it took a bit longer.. because it hurts doing it that way" NO KIDDING !!! I say, then kind of start to laugh... well, whatever, it was her head not mine. With prize in hand, out she comes with a big smile. "Can we go for lunch right now Mama?" she asks... "see I don't have to wait... because my mouth isn't frozen"... she says. My Pipster, my love and amazement.....
Later..... we saw bears... big big big beautiful black bears... and that was yesterday.

2 comments:

Chastity said...

I was having bear story withdrawals...glad to hear you saw them again.

gemmak said...

Some kid! :o)