Sunday, August 01, 2004

Today was scarey afterall:

So, my ambition for the day was to clean the Pip's room. This isn't just a room... it's a trap, a jungle, a mecca of intricate designs & sticky of trickery consisting of barbies & little things... and more little pieces that go with the little things, then of course their's her other "stuff".
Cleaning her home requires patience, know-how, drive, willingness, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, 13 garbage bags, a good memory and an organized brain. The pipster doesn't possess any of these qualities. NONE, can't find them anywhere..... they're not even lost in her room.
Instead of cleaning on this beautiful day, the girl and I ventured out for a bikeride... (I can live with that room like that for a couple more hours). Everything was happening along fine.... well except the fact that we rode to far... kind of into bear territory... but I didn't want to go back... through the bear territory either... hmmm... anyways... we were just turning the corner, and found pavement... when the Pipster flies through the air... and then skids down a little hill. SCREAM ! Scream, scream, scream.................. shit I would have been screaming too. I pull out my nice and wet washcloth... and the water bottle, and the bandaids... I was going to start piecing the girl back together. ... Pip... get on your bike and ride little lady.... there's bears.... a mama and two babies... just ride little girl.... and THEN I STARTED TALKING REALLY REALLY LOUD... AND KEPT ON TALKING AND TALKING.. AND WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE TODAY.. DON'T THEY KNOW IT'S SUNDAY... AND PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS AROUND HERE ON SUNDAYS..........that girl is amazing... battered and bloodied and hurt... and we just kept going.. she wasn't willing to stop... anywhere.... well, until we were just about up the a corner... when out walked another bear... shit again... we got off our bikes.. and walked backwards.....we made it down to someones driveway and stood their. In the distance I could see more bikeriders.....there were three of them... a woman, her daughter... and a guy.... "you might want to wait for a minute... there's a bear just at the edge of the ditch".... the mom and girl stop... the guy keeps riding.... he slows then turns around... did you say a bear.... "Thanks for putting on those listening ears" I said to him... kind of rude.. but I was kind of still in a tizzy from our encounter just five minutes before. The five of us stopped their, a car had been sitting at the side of the road...he had put his hazards on... finally he left... we all proceeded together as a group. The guy offered to go first... and I'll have to admit.. not a talkative bunch... idiots! The mother rode ahead of her daughter... and yet I rode behind mine.... (my theory being that I COULD SEE if the girl turned into bearbait... not just hear the after-effects!).... I kept on talking.... and talking... they remained silent.. Nice... real nice people.. nothing like SNEAKING UP ON A BEAR !!!!!.........anyways, I am still typing so you know the and of the story... but do you........ way later on... after Pip had had a chance to put 5 washclothes all over her wounds to let them rinse.. and one bandaid (and I am not certain how I will be getting it off)... to cover her roadrash... we DROVE back to the park. Again, we managed to spot another bear wander across the road... and this time Pip sat up on top of truck's sunroof... and watched it eat blueberries. Fun stuff... glad we can talk about it.

1 comment:

Chastity said...

BEARS?! I can't believe you live so close to that kind of wildlife. I mean, we have little stuff like small wildcats once in a while and of course lots of racoons, skunks, squirrels, possum, deer...but I've never seen a bear in the middle of a neighborhood. In a way it sounds really cool, but still a little scarey.