Saturday, August 14, 2004

The Mall

The pause that refreshes.... we went to the mall. Other regular people are at water parks, and swimming pools.. and lakes even... we go to the mall. But I can tell you something... the shorter versions of myself were actually in quite a jovial mood. I can't imagine that has something to do with fact that they are spending all of my make believe money... they don't get that kind of stuff. I eventually put a hault on the day when Mr Hungry-for-something-from-A&W wanted the supersonic meal.. me being the perfectly practical parent.... asked the A&W girl.... so how much is all of his food going to cost... "Well, with tax it will be $7.14" Thanks, but forget it.... he can have a kiddie meal.... that's a baby burger with cheese, small fries a rootbeer and a cookie... for $3.49. That sounds more like it. The Pipster only eats at one place..and has done for years.... the chinese food place.. where she can get chicken balls, sweet and sour sauce and noodles with stuff in them. With all of the other really bad food choices available to her she seems to come back to this one.. on the occasion that we visit the foodfair, and actually buy food.. not scurry past it running to get to the other end of the mall. I had no intention of buying them lunch today at the mall, nor did I have the intention of doing back to school shopping.... at all... I didn't intend on spending a great deal of time at the mall.... but the troops were happy with the temporary relief from the heat... and I was temporarily relieved by their little fits of turmoil that both of them find themselves in. They got all kinds of good stuff.. and I got a bag of cotton balls and some dish soap... and a new battery for my camera.. lucky day for me!!! Oh I lie... and, and, and.... bags for the vacuum...........I must leave to rejoice in my happiness... and throw a party so I can take pictures, clean up the dishes.. and vacuum after the guests have gone !!!! Ha!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I LOVE BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING!!!!