Friday, August 06, 2004

A day at the beach..

My sister tells me to be ready at 0915 SHARP. There's no pissing around with the sis... she's doing the driving... so we better be ready.. that is until we get the phone call from the time announcer.. that she will be late. CRAP!!!! I was right on the moola with the whole time constraint.. I had the two people ready and raring to go... stuff packed.. and she is already screwing with the plans.. without further delay we make it to the beach.. it is really cloudy afterall.... great day to spend at the beach... and it's nice and windy to boot. Even more special. "Can I borrow you Parka???" I asked the Late-Sis. An unevenful day... I like those kinds... no blood, no guts.. no stories to come home with...... other than I was insistant that I wanted to watch the tide come in ... it is kind of freaky to be caught out on the sandbars as the tide comes in... kind of "Chitty-Chitty Bang-bangish"... only in real life !!!! anyways... the Late-sis youngest boys decides he needs to go the bathroom... I decide that I will go with him since I was practically going to pee my pants myself....well that only took three hours too long.. we get back.. when did the tide come in????... I ask...so, now we are cleaning up from our excursion... that's nice... I realize... I guess I put on that sunscreen a little bit too late..... I didn't' think I had that much sun... apparently I did... glad I put it on when I did... today at work.. people were asking me where I had been... (It's been very cloudy here for the past 5 days.... so it's clear to me that nobody knows about our secret beach.....)... as I radiate today under the flourescent lights... what a pretty sight!!!! Even the Pip managed to contain herself yesterday... well that was until we got home.. and had to shower and bathe the beastly child and apply thirteen dozen different creams and lotions and powders for all of her week-long-acquired-ailments... I even managed to shampoo her wack of sea-smelling hair. Yesterday was a good day...

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I love the beach; you're so lucky to live so near. If my family wasn't here, I'd be sure to move somewhere closer to the water.