Monday, August 09, 2004

What is that?

It's quite late at night as I gaze at this screen
Taking a quick tour of my favourite blogs that are green...
My friend finds me awake, and we chat for a little online
We eventually agree that it really should be someones bedtime.
As I reach for my mouse to say good night....
I hear a small sound... which gave me a small fright..
What is that sound I say as I strain to hear...
Will it happen again, is it from far or is it near...
It certainly isn't the snoring that come in waves from down the hall...
It seems to be coming from just the other side of this wall....
With an imagination as big as the sky
Thoughts of weird creatures make their way past my eyes..
I blink my eyes hard, and shake those images from my head..
It is really late, and I should really go to bed.
I wait for the sound to happen again,
My eyes spot the clock and now it's 2:10
Enough is enough, this is the end of that sound
No more sitting a waiting, no more horsing around.
Finally it comes to me, I know what I am hearing....
It's LP, our german shepherd, in her wicker basket she is stirring.
With a quick click of the mouse, to disconnect and say bye.
Now I will go, and get some shut eye.


3 comments:

Nan said...

I did! I did! I bought a car..of course it took some tricky negotiations..eBay is a dangerous lovely thing, isn't it? *G* Sort of like 'shopper crack'.

magz said...

hi deanna! thanks fer the kind words... cartoonerizing IS a great way to live! hope you dont mind, i linked you... and congrats to yer friend on a new car! egads.. thats ballsy, an e-bay car? sight unseen! wow!

Terri said...

Very nice! Thanks for coming to visit. I'll be back!