Monday, August 16, 2004

Speaking of hair...

So... I knew the day would finally come.... I would have to start writing about my hair on here. Here, I write about hair. Here it comes, about my hair. I stare at hair. Not just my own. Here, there, everywhere... I just stare at hair.
Most heads of hair match their owners. I look at people and their mop on top... ya, that's a match..... or .... nope... to high maintenance.....doesn't match.I haven't got the hair thing figured out... at all. Ever. People are never happy with what exists on the tops of their heads. But I am happy to look at it. The colour, the length, the cut, what people are capable of doing with their heads of hair.
Now, you take my head of hair. Coloured... weekly, cut... a couple of times a year, washed..... every 2nd day due to the colour issue, conditioned... same answer as washed,..treated with respect... daily, hourly, minute by minute. How can I have hair that goes so wrong??? How can I have long hair, but somehow it can't stay in a braid. How can I own crazy wavy hair.. but only when its long? If it feels like going in a "ponytail"... it doesn't look good... at all. It generally doesn't go in a ponytail... it doesn't sit right. Oh, then there's "the clip"... my hair hates the clip.. it wont go in a clip... if it does... it then revolts, and all the nice long pieces that should be spilling over creating the pretty little fountain, or flowy pieces, that's right FLOWY pieces, they all stand on end like a turkey's tail. (You know that big frothy part). Yes if I wear a clip in my head I get a turkey tail. What kind of crap luck is this? I have this head full of superstrong, wiry hair that goes limp when I put it in a frenchbraid... so that it nicely falls out everywhere... and yet I can't put my hair in a clip... none of this makes sense... I think I should send this head of hair somewhere... it needs therapy... anykind...
So this evening.. since I ran out of time... because we had to do our bearwatch... I couldn't fix this head of hair.... it went out post bike helmet head, post re-frenchbraided x 3, until the time on the clock ran out.. and I simply had to go... to remedy that problem...I put on an extra coat of lipstick. There... all better. Hair looks like shit... but the lips will stay until tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

magz said...

geee... what in the world made ya think of turkey tales? could it have been my missing bird, now residing in yer freezer, waitin fer hubby to 'take care of him'? I'll have ya know that liberace there was a prized turkey, talented, articulate, and had just signed a deal with a major studio...keep THAT in mind while yer feasting away... Sis? you REALLY oughta join my gungroup in the network, your kind of wise-ass sarcasm and wit is exactly what im lookin for....

gemmak said...

Lololol....that is just soooo funny. I had long hair for two years and it drove me mad, hence the easy to control,none braiding. clip free inch I have left!