Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Where the hell is my housekeeper?

I certainly didn't give her the day off, or the week off, or even the month off. As always, luck would have it, the housekeeper hasn't shown up. I am hosting a little "do" at our house, but I would prefer it, being the house to be in a state of tidy, and mostly clean. The girls room will definitley be off limits to admiring eyes. Nobody will be allowed on the back lawn, especially in certain corners... because I cut the front and back lawn... and I have decided that both our dogs crap way too much. But I kept cutting the grass anyways.. that way it looks kinda like a golf course. Nice little rolling pathways that lead to the nowhere. Oh, then I shampooed the livingroom carpet. It really needed to be done, last year. I was lead to believe by a certain person that is quite neat and tidy, and a king around the home when it comes to installing, repairing, rebuilding, or contructing anything, that... I would have already had a new carpet installed. That too was earmarked for last year. I washed hallways, and doors, and tomorrow I will do the floors and the outside of the livingroom window. It's alright to have clean windows now, most of the birds have moved on to warmer climates. I am not certain as to why I needed to clean out the fridge which included the rotter, or some people prefer the word crisper. I went shopping at the non-scary grocery store, and the big box store with long line-ups to collect more items. Picked up kids from school, took one to a swimming lesson, went bear hunting, helped the boy practice his piano, loaded and unloaded washers and dryers and dishwashers, organized the dead summer pots to some assemblance of order and went over to the parents and collects about 12 dozen dahlias for the baby shower event. The housekeeper is still missing, and has not reported in at all. Now if only I could have a chef for a couple of hours then that would make the world right. My friend the -not-by-trade-cakebaker offered to bake a cake. Now she has called me and told me it looks bad... they are bad looking baby blocks.. I told her bring it on little lady... icing and cake can never be bad... just tell us what it was supposed to be when you get here. I have two fans blowing away in the living room, one for heat, and another fan that blows air I guess. Hopefully that will dry the carpet before tomorrow at 1130 when I told people to come for this little "do". I don't like "do's" at night because this house is a bit to teency-weency to fit people and shy husbands and nosy-chatty children all in one go. Well, must go build some rolly-up sandwhiches... I have decided the housekeeper is fired... because after running around here today... I think that she thinks that she has been fired all along...HA!

No comments: