Tuesday, September 14, 2004

knowledgeable secretaries equal profit.

I'm looking for heat.... lots of heat. It's almost that time of year when we need to turn our furnace on. The days are passing quickly... and quickly becoming very cold. I don't like the cold. I am certain that I would have been dead if I would have been a pioneer. I am certain of it... I couldn't have trekked through god knows what to establish a new town, or landmark, or "wait" while I was having a house built by the towns gentlemen. .... I would not have waded through streams up to my waste, or walked 5 miles in the blizzarding snow to get to school, I would have opted for extreme stupidity, before I did that. And then shortly after that I would have died once again, from the cold.
Anyways, back to the real word of the hour... so I am going through the Yellow Pages... (which are pages that just about have every single business in the geographical area)...and I find a bunch of local heating places.. right down their numbers... the first call I make... the nice secretary lady answers the phone. She is not sure if they install new furnace systems.... the ad in the Yellow Pages told me that they did... but she wasn't sure....so, little does that company know that she may be losing thousands of dollars with that unknowledgeable answer,.... because me, being highly HIGHLY impatient... said thanks very much, I might call you back. I am indifferent to asking questions about services that they are not even sure they provide...so... my thought... if you're gonna have someone answering the phone... you might as well inform the lovely voice about the services provided by the company. That would be a good thing. I moved on, and called the guy that serviced our furnace 3 years ago.... which he wrote in the comment section then "new furnace recommended"... that was written in 2001. Oh, we have a carbon monoxide detector.. in case that came to mind. BTW, he answered me, the furnace man himself.. when I called... he's a good little man.

4 comments:

B0Z said...

LOL! a fun site... You made me laff... and ur right! stupid people should not represent a company on the phone...

dkgoodman said...

Before we made the 400-mile move from Southern California to Northern, I made some calls to find out what preschools were in the area and get directions. The first place I called the girl who answered the phone couldn't give me directions. Woo hoo! Crossed them off my list, one less place I'd have to check out. The next place I spoke to could give directions, but further inquiries revealed that they didn't try to teach anything, it was totally unstructured and more like a babysitting business. Splash two. That left two places to check out. Once we moved up I discovered that one of the two remaining places looked like it was run by po' white trash. The last place was... perfect. :)

Terri said...

Wow..that cold already? I will have to get my map out again and remember just how north BC is! Brrrrrrr.....still too warm here but I'll take it over the cold. I spent my last winter in Chicago 25 years ago! Doesn't seem like it's been that long but my blood is thin now. I could never survive. You must have a long winter if it's cold already... Wanna come for a visit? Well, maybe we should hold out until January when you're REALLY cold huh?

Chastity said...

You live in BC, but you hate the cold?? Isn't it cold there most of the year? I'm with you on the uninformed employees thing...if their own people can't give you an answer then you probably don't want to deal with them.