Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I have two children that make me crazy..

WE have these two kids that contribute to my craziness, well and two dogs... they get in on the "Creation Craziness Quotient" as well. But now the blogger thing has gotten a hold of this piece of information... and is making me crazy....I will have to quit this blogger thing if it doesn't settle... I wish I could quit the kids some days... but apparantly you're not allowed to do that...or so I have heard....
Can someone tell me what this means.... and why would a person that has isolated herself to only understanding the English language be able to make heads or tales with this message:

001 java.io.IOException: EOF while reading from control connection

2 comments:

gemmak said...

Lol......don't worry about the exact meaning hon, they all mean roughly the same.......it ain't working! Hehe Beyond that those messages may as well be in Russian for me!

trekker9er said...

Heh, it IS annoying when those "cryptic" messages appear. But at least this one Does have meaning! (Unlike those pesky error messages from Microsoft that only give a number meaningless to anything that's not a computer.) Let me see if I can explain this one.

001 = The first error encountered

java.io.IOException = Java is the language Blogger is written in, io stands for Input/Output, and IOException means something bad happened while Java was trying to do something related to an Input or an Output.

EOF = End Of File

From the error it appears to me that while Blogger was trying to bring up a page for you to view an error occured on one of its servers that caused it to loose connection to the file it was reading from. The connection was closed and so an EOF was encountered where it wasn't expected.

I hope the craziness around you settles!