Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Mission Accomplished.

First PAC meeting of the year. The first of many more. At the end I layed the ground rules. No more talking and talking.... I will become the evil clock watching woman. That is my role. If someone wants to speak, they get timed.... yes, sounds like an evil plan, and is evil.... See, really if you look at it, it's a compliment.... "Oh, I see you have an obscene amount of chatter just dying to get out... let's see you can say it all in under two minutes!".....Now, I will set the record straight... this is just for the PAC-X people.... not for the general meetings... if anyone shows up for those... it's a pleasure to hear them speak. The clock will be reserved for the chatty crowd only, and to keep everyone on task....otherwise we will wind up at the school the whole day.

Secondly.... another mission accomplished. I saved a life today. Well, I kind of saved a life today. Okay, I hope I saved a life today. After the PAC meeting I wanted to whip down to a local drugstore and drop something off... as I was leaving, I almost managed to bump into a seagull. "Little fella, you better fly away before you get rolled on"... and of course that's when I noticed this guy wasnt' going to do any flying anytime soon. Luckily I had my cell phone... and all my preprogrammed numbers for the people that help animals and birds and such. I had to call them a number of times before getting through.. and finally I did. They told me to contain the thing. So, I went back into the pharmacy, and got a box... and out I went to the parking lot. Now parking lots as we know are kind of hazardish... but this Pharmasave parking lot is very hazardous... always has been... ands it certainly not safe for a broken seagull. I wandered around after it for a while, just me and my box... I had to bring in some recruitment.... I yelled at a lady to "stop that bird!"... as I pointed at the poor little fella...see, he was very stressed, so he tried to fly off... and fell over, and that's when I put a box over the poor little guy. But then I had to stand in the parking lot, right at the entrance to the parking lot actually, just me in the way, with a box on the ground.... and lots of cars. People were able to make it past... but I had to put myself between the cars and the box... because people would have plowed into it.
So, the word of the hour is.. preprogram your cell phones with ALL of the animal emergency numbers, and, remember to program your phone with the after hours emergency numbers.... cause accidents don't just happen in the daytime, or Monday to Friday. Hm. (And I wonder where Mr. Safety gets his safetiness from!!)

No comments: