Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Wednesday creeped up on me...

My attention was diverted this week.... it became a sudden priority to clean the house... because after all we live here, I don't actually clean here. But when people pop by for a visit it strikes me as important to get through the door without hitting your head on cobwebs....but that's not what this is about.

The Pip is getting better... at gymnastics. I saw her do a roll, in the right direction and without almost breaking her neck first. I am proud of the girl. This weeks useless attention to detail was magnified by the new matching lavender frue-fruish hair doiley that I can put around her gymnastic bun that she sports during the whole hour that she is their. The boy and I also witnessed her flying into a circular hole backwards.... she was supposed to land on her legs gracefully. Her feet remained in the air, while she found herself smack on the ground. Later, we watched the princess Pipster begin work on the balance beam. She looked quite graceful crawling along on all fours, especially her beautiful lavender hair doily. It sparkled, so did her concentration smile. As of today she is a adept at getting back up onto the beam...hopefully nextweek it will be the Pip's turn to do balance beam work on the balance beam, rather than on the padded floor. Her cartwheels are moving in the right direction... although I have never seen a cartwheel landed on your knees. She managed to kick up both legs at the same time, in the same direction, and a reasonable distance... a couple of inches off the ground. That seems to be her method as of this moment. The direction from the dark haired high pitched gymnastic leader seems thorough enough; I am confident that my girl will be doing real cartwheels in no time. Is there an age limit as to what age the perfect cartwheel can be learned and performed... because I am still waiting if there is.

At the end of this day... I decided it was time for some lounge lizard piano music. I love the little tune Smoke Get's in your Eyes..... it has a soothing effect somehow.. and works for those cool autumn evenings when the day is done, the kitchen is still a mess, and the girl is looking at my scrapbooking album that is certainly keen on quantity of pictures on a page, rather than quality. That kept her busy for a while, so did the lizard music... as I was trying to commit it to memory.
I'm drinking some Lime Perrier water.. I think I'll go put it in a brown lunch bag and drink out of it... that's what this music reminds me of....someone sitting daydreaming, drinking, contemplating, yearning, or simply wishing that it wasn't perrier water they were drinking. Not that that's what I was doing... that was just the movie playing out in my head.

Best go and sit by the front door hoping that the maid will show up.

No comments: