Saturday, September 04, 2004

Are you afraid of the dark?

Fraidycat son is watching "creepy canada". It's all about ghosts and stuff. He's terrified of the dark, or sounds that come from the dark... or the sound that darkness makes. He's terrified that there might be ghosts, or there are ghosts, of if he will be a ghost. All I am hearing now Mommy, it's back on, Mommy it's back, Mommy it's back on, ...............MOMMY......because I have to watch it with him... because it is creepy afterall!

4 comments:

Chastity said...

Fraidyson sounds like me.

magz said...

Hi kid! Fearless one, my soon to be 17 yr old... has his entire life dreamed full hollywood movie scripts and then acted them out... manys the time i've been rudely awakened by kicks, yells, and verbal gunfire! he's scared the crapola outta me more than once i tell ya. go visit da farm... with my sis ally around we been havin more fun then is probably legal. (in fact, i know some of it aint...he he he) off fer more... it'll probly take 2 weeks to recoop from this....

gemmak said...

Fraidycat son sound sooooo awwwwwwwww :o) What a sweetie.

dkgoodman said...

I remember being afraid of the dark. About age 7. I remember recognizing that it didn't make sense, that I was really afraid of my imagination more than something out there, but it didn't help. There were two things that protected me from my fear of the dark. One was a flashlight. A flashlight was magic. With a flashlight in your hand, nothing could harm you. I loved them. Still do.

The other magic talisman was my Superman costume. (I'll pause here for your reaction. Done? Okay.) If I was wearing my Superman costume, nothing scared me. I knew I was still me, knew the costume proferred no special skills, it just made me feel like somebody strong. I wish I still had it.