Thursday, September 23, 2004

Picture Perfect

It was the kids picture day today. There was no time for breakfast, making lunches, or walking to school. The only thing we had time for this morning was for primping. Princesses must look their best on picture days, hense the long navy blue sleeveless lined gown worn by the Pipster herself, of course with a matching hairstyle. A gentle flowing bun that was glued and sprayed into place. I just hope she didn't do her very best squeagie smile... that wouldn't be very princess like in her princess attire. I really do wish the girl did have a tiara...oh, and a pair of nylons would have been appropriate.. but what the heck.. it was a long dress anyways.

The boy on the otherhand was sporting his favourite "loud" shirt. His "do" was a bit of work as well. I needed to cut his hair around his ears... I hate it when the hair gets a bit long... bloody hippie in training!!! Hopefully he was able to create the persona of a happy go lucky child... not the bored yet crosseyed look which is what was returned to me last year... with fingers crossed I will hope for the best.

The husband has slowed on his husbandry duties... no dinner last night, the clothes in the dryer were barely dry, the kitchen table even disorganized. His holidays are over soon, which is good. He has a very nasty cold which I hope I do not get.....!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

You gotta love picture day. Ours was this week too, and I got my first picture as a teacher. Hopefully it'll turn out good since it goes in the yearbook. Our poor kids all wear a uniform, so they don't get to get so creative with their attire.