Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Hello again;

I'm a constant. Once I get hung-up on something, it's hard to pull me away. Everynight.... I'm a bear watcher. Tonight was interesting. We saw a big bear walk out on a flimsey limb of a tree... it dangled precariously their for a while, before slowly scaling back across the limb... he eventually fell....and took of running. Then we saw a mother and her cubs and then another black bear. One of the cubs skittered up a pole (?electrical) and the mother and one cub made it across the roadway. (A roadway with one vehicle driving up and down it). I'm not sure where the other cub went to. We saw deer in the field, and the deers were bouncing and the bears were scampering... right past one another. Not sure what got into everyone's wheaties today. Safari girl came with me.... she sits on top of the head rest in the passenger seat with the binoculars slung around her neck. This is her favourite thing... I am worried for her when she is 19. I can only imagine what she'll get up to!!!! Here you go sweetheart... have another 3 chocolate bars...

3 comments:

dkgoodman said...

There's a film clip that was seen a lot a few months ago of a bear that wandered into someone's tree and they shot it with a trank gun. The poor critter fell out of the tree onto a trampoline, bounced and landed on the lawn. They showed it over and over, and each and every time I felt so bad for the bear, but I couldn't look away. It was like a train wreck. Bears are big, bears are smart, bears are cool.

I once asked a ranger at Yosemite how you could tell if it was a bear that had pooped in the woods. He told if it had tin foil in it, it was bear poop and not human poop. Bears don't bother to unwrap the goodies they steal from our cars and coolers.

Wish I could see your bear.

Deanna said...

You can tell the bear poop around here... it's a blue-ish purple colour....and no tinfoil !

dkgoodman said...

Must be all the berries. :)