Thursday, September 09, 2004

drizzle drizzle tick tick

Well, what shall I talk about..... think think think... ah click....
My green clock tells me that it is 2:50 am, minus the sound of the ticking, but I can see the second hand chugging along...and it is nicely raining outside, hence the drizzle.. looking to my right I can see that we have finally shut the sliding glass door. This door has remained open all summer... day and night, home or not home... with the exception of the screen, that remains shut.. for fear of bugs you know... The evil queen that will be a mere 11 years young in three weeks also doubles as the evil gate keeper. NOTHING, NOTHING and NOTHING... can get past her.. except flies.. she doesn't have a taste for flies, she does however enjoy the taste of bees... bees are included in the NOTHING category of getting past her. Any minute now the evil queen will be taking up her post at the front window and letting out her loudest and evilest of frenzied barking that she can muster the strength for at this decidedly dark middle of the night hour... as the paper fellow will be delivering the paper soon. I have to say though.. he is quite good at avoiding her snarls, as he is quite quiet and manuevers our mailbox with supreme silence. Horray for him... mr expert paperdeliveryman. We pay by creditcard for the paper.. sorry fellow no tip for you.... he he he . The clock struck three.. my favourite of favourite middle of the night television shows will be coming on right now... Canadian Rivers, followed by Great Canadian Parks, then there is oh damn... my memory is failing me... but it's always something Canadian that makes me stay awake until five.. and then I usually begin to watch the news... just in time to be really tired and need to go back to sleep at 5:45, just to wake up again at around 6:15 so I can watch a baby story... cause that is all kind of sweet and special and gushy and almost stupid really... but it gives me something to listen to... and then by 7:00 my favourite history channel comes on... and I learn about great people... couldn't tell you any of their names right now... but the problem with that is... I have to get up at 7:00 to get myself ready for the day... so that I can get the chicklets ready for school, and pack their crap.. so the whole 7:00 show becomes a problem if I am up half the night watching other Canadian shows... what to do, what to do... well, as the evil queen has parked herself in the livingroom, I will now take up residence on the couch in the den, with my most favourite shows, and the fishy blanket that keeps me warm.. as the clock ticks, and it continues to drizzle.. and the real reason I am awake is because my most favourite tidy person is sleeping right now...... and he is sleeping way way too loudly. I say that because I am a polite wife... he he he he.

2 comments:

dkgoodman said...

Fishy blanket? ewwwww!

Deanna said...

A beautiful green and whatever coloured blanket that have fish on it... that goes with the den which has a fish theme... MR GOODMAN !!!--- So you can just
un-ewwwwwwe that ewwwwwwe!!!!