Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Done in the knick of time...

What is the perception of drinking out of nice coffee cups, I am not sure if the coffee actually tastes better. I drink out of styrofoam on occasion... and coffee has tasted good out of them, I think. I managed to barely set out nice plates for the little "do" this afternoon.

I am no queen when it comes to party giving....I supply the accomodations, prepare morsels of edible products built from scratch in the kitchen, and provide liquid refreshments.... although I forgot to buy wine... good thing nobody asked for anything.

I was thinking though... I also had two very beautiful pregnant ladies attend the little "do" as well.... I should have built some italian food, and served something to do with red wine.... they would either have thanked me or cursed me... that didn't happen. Both of these little ladies are so ready, the first one is a first time mom... and is very prepared... so she just wants to get the show on the road. The other little lady just wishes it to be over.... in her words she said that she has stretch marks on her stretch marks. I was frightened by that.....

What I was able to do mind you was throw 3 variations of the same rolly-up sandwiches together... built some spinach pies, and some walnut kind of thing with phylo pastry... which actually were good... once I cut them up... I also loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen after I had let a bomb go off by throwing all that crap together, did three loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and vacuumed the whole house, re-arranged a zillion dahlias around the little homestead so it didn't look like a funeral, but rather a baby shower... before 11:30. I didn't have time for decorations... I think decorations are overdone... it's a baby shower people.... give the woman her gifts, and everyone will be on their way.. no games, no frivolity, no fuss no muss, that's the type of showers/parties I show. .. (As I always say to my girl "Kindness Counts... once again it looks like I am taking the "hellivator, rather than the escalator" in my next life).

I dont think I do this much in a whole week, let alone done in one day before noon. I will stay up late just in case the people come to deliver my award.

Well, now my kitchen is in a state.... not a mess... but the clutter from stuff..... I am not a good clutter-cleaner......god... that could be the next best invention....some digital device that you point and shoot at the "stuff" in question, and it tells you where you should be putting that item....like: "you idiot, that goes in the garbage, don't even think that putting it in the fridge will make you eat it", or, "excuse me, but this wrapping paper has been used, it doesn't matter how much you try and unkrinkle it... you won't be able to use it again, so find a trash can and throw it in", even better, "don't offer this to guests to take as leftovers"... see the clutter-cleaner would be a rather helpful device. Too bad I didn't own one now.

Must go...

No comments: