Thursday, June 23, 2005

What was I thinking?

Earlier today I spent some time in the dentists chair. I almost made him cry.... well, I think he did cry... but only in a manly way. In case he did have a back when he started, he didn't when he finished. I didn't give it much thought as I entered the big guns chair that I would have this capability... but I managed, even without trying. In the end he told me that conventional dentistry no longer works for me. I found out that the only kind of dentistry that is going to work on me now are the expensive kind... the kinds of dentists that have letters and specialties behind their names.

I am thinking now that my trip to Safeway to get the extra airmiles was a good thing.... because I do not think that we will be making it to Disnesyland with real money any time fast.... and those silly thoughts of going back to school are just silly thoughts, and the hopes that Mr. Husbandman was going to make a new kitchen magically appear, is just a bit further beyond our reach once again..... Mr. Dentistman told me that this isn't as easy as ripping out your teeth and putting new ones in... it's more complicated than that...and the facts beyond that get lost in the translation of: this is all going to cost me money....FUCK!

2 comments:

Chastity said...

It sucks to pay big money for things like new teeth rather than perfect childhood vacations with mice and ducks. Gotta do what you gotta do...

Anonymous said...

Oh this is bad....you never use that word.

I hear ya though...we're saving our pennies for "the princess"...all 500,000 of them!