Monday, June 06, 2005

Full Swing

Large and lanky, black and goofy.... I'm sure it's a road runner!... No, it's none other than a black bear. That is what I have witnessed up along the long windy road which leads you into the territory of the bears.

I have been so fortunate the last three days ... to see the same bear (I'm going with appearance and behaviour here) run across the road in pretty much the same location each day. The past number of days I have had the ultimate luck in spotting a bear each time I enter the "bear zone".. and blueberry season hasn't even arrived yet.

Yet on the other hand, we were fortunate enough not to encounter a bear the other day when we ended up walking around the trails of the bear zone, I was ultimately happy with that as well.

The park people are now cutting the 3 foot high grass in some of the fields... the bears are much easier to spot this way, although they can not hide in the grass any longer...

As soon as I can snap up a photo of some of the bears in action, I'll plop them on here... although the goofy bear gave me lots of action the other day... so much that I did get a picture of him... but he was busy standing and running, and stopping and eating... that it wasn't possible to catch him.....without a blur. I decided to enjoy just watching him instead... from the safe distance of the vehicle.

No comments: