Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy First Day...

It is now official....summer has arrived for this little family, and so has the rain... hip hip for the rain, that will surely drive me insane!

The little Pipster was absolutely delighted when I told her that all she had to do this morning, was go and watch her favourite shows... I wouldn't make her get dressed, or make her eat, or try to brush her hair and give her a "do", or even make her put on shoes and brush her teeth. Perhaps later... when she feels the need, she can go and jump on the trampoline... which is mostly protected from the rain...so she can jump... although eventually she will have to make a move, as we have a little birthday party to attend.... I better go back and check the weather report!

The boy is big into reading his stack of comics that he took out from the library the other day... we may be seeing him well into the weekend...where he will emerge for a glass of milk, and ask for chocolate chip cookies, pencils and papers... then return to his room where he will start drawing all the comic book characters....funny boy he is.

I, on the other hand have been blinded.... so the story goes like this.... As I was heading into Costco the other night I spot something..... I turn to look at the great sky and clouds and sunlight peeking through .. and see an amazing picture...how could I not... the colours of the world strike me with hugeness... and I absolutely had to take a photo. Of course, it was heading right into the direct sunlight, with clouds circling and quickly changing.. and the Canada Flag wavering between them. I took many photos... because you can never not look at the sun long enough. Nice.... for the longest time I saw purple blotches as I traveled around Costco.... but I got the shot...that's what counts...I'll worry about the eyesight later.... and all the purple people out there!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

My summer is half over; I only wish it was just beginning. When I go back to school you'll probably still have a month left....savor it..it's flying by.