Monday, June 27, 2005

Go with what you know.... or ....?

It is interesting to go with what you know..... or what you are feeling. Earlier today the Terry Fox Library was screaming to me.... there was a lot of noise in my head... and I had to ask it to settle down, (because the other noise that was happening at the same time was the gift bag game that I brought to my stroke group, very successful BTW for all you REC. Therapy people out there)..... I acknowledged my sudden great excitement about the impending library visit... but for some reason I told myself to wait.... sure enough.... when I eventually made it to pick up the chicklets from the school for the perpetuation of poor practice in leadership by the grandmaster puppet principal... the boy stares me down, eyebrow to eyebrow, blue eyes to blue eyes, lashes to lashes.... "Mommeeee, we need to go to the library ... NOW", he states.

"Funny... I was thinking just that" I say to him.... he instantly feel back into the front seat and deflated like an untied balloon. That was to be interpreted as "he was thrilled"... by just those words. The girl on the other hand was most displeased to be heading in the direction that wouldn't be considered her home, or past the store in the direction of the bears.... we both told her to be quiet.... she can be so Pipsterish at times.

Later... as the boy and I were heading back from a successful night at the library, and a visit to the local save-on-foods where I was able to find Advil gel caps for the ailing back injured as usual husbandman... all said in kindness.... anyways... I tell the boy ...... I have a good feeling about the bears.... he says sure... as is eyes never leave the page of the latest Mad Magazine. It is at this point that I have decided that I have seen the squished black squirrel one too many times today, and almost cancelled the visit to the bears on that issue alone.... if only I could avert eyes from the black and red squishy mess. I cruise past it with a tentative ease, and eventually we make our way past the 12 school buses that are now parked in the blueberry fields.. which also brings the knowledge that the berries are coming into season.. and with the berries, come more bears.... As sure as shXX... sure enough, we saw crazy bear, and little bear... tearing around the back field.... apparently crazy bear is not crazy over little bear... and the people we met up with say that they have seen them before behave in this way....the boy took it all in, from inside the car, behind the pages of the Mad Magazine.... I was thrilled, but then again... I knew that I would be thrilled.... because I knew what I knew...

1 comment:

Ozfemme said...

Not only our girls but our boys sound so similar as well. That whole deflated thing in the back seat AND the MAD magazines.

It's great to hear the bears are back again! My Eden would think she was in heaven if she could go and see the bears like that.

Wow, I remember reading about the bears from LAST summer (your summer, that is.) It's been a year? WOW/