Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A list, a comment, and a come-clean

The list..... I am worried for the Bananaman... he's crossing when he shouldn't be crossing.. I almost had to get out and yell at a man in the truck the other day.... as he came up behind the Bananaman on the street... CLEARLY... you can see that there's something up with a fellow that is crossing slowly and diagnally across the street...."HAVE SOME FREAKING COMPASSION... THIS COULD BE YOU SOMEDAY!!".... the next time I see that truck or any vehicle... that is what I will say... be careful... this is the only warning. More on the list.... that housekeeper that I have been wishing for has not arrived out of thin air... and each time I pass by a mirror, I believe that it's her... but she looks like me.... I am waiting for the magic. Oh.... and if the dream interpreters could step up... feel free.....OMG.... talk of nightmares... that was me, last night, or early this morning..... feel free to cringe, squint, or passover this part... because these are the parts that I remember.... '"readers discretion is advised"....

I was at work... doing my things that I do at work... when one of the nurses needed a hand lifting a patient... and since some days my job description is vague at the best of times... I offered a helping hand.. not that I do that... but there was no one else... and I didn't mind.... OK,... HERE'S THE YUCK..).... the fellow in the bed had had open heart surgery...that had clearly gone wrong, he had a wound infection, which left his sternum open.. (imagine a slice down the centre of your chest)... and somehow through the space of time.. he had pulled out all the packing which left the insides exposed... and it gets grosser.... for some reason... he had also had abdominal surgery.. and that had gone wrong... he also had a catheter in... but for some reason, we could see inside his lower abdomen.. he was hollow, and you could see his pelvis and his spine. When we moved him in the bed the tube that holds all the urine broke apart, then filled up his abdomen, and sloshed about. Oh, how pleasant an image was that?... just had to share it... because I woke up.. and clearly couldn't shut my eyes after that.... so I got up and watched CSI...Las Vegas... and clearly I was much happier.... So... I would like to thank the sis for recounting her story from work the other day about a patient.. and one of the Debbie's for the water that is sloshing about beyond her sub-floor.. and my friend at work... telling me all about the goings on of open chests on the ward... I can't imagine why I dream the things I dream.

A comment.... it shouldn't be raining today.. I have outside details to busy myself with, plus I have to put together a version of "Name That Tune" for my group on Monday. The sis then pipes up and wanted me to take her boy to speech... because she wanted to do outside things, since I wasn't going to, since she has a freaking garden store still sitting in the back of her van... she has problems... with flowers, and bark mulch and barrels, and grasses and perennials, and mushroom manure, and a none existant budget when it comes to garden stores.... she's crazy, (!!!)... but nothing that I would tell anybody about...... My answer to her: "thanks, but I have done my time...."

I fear for my life with the voodoo sister of mine... if I say NO to her whims.. I wouldn't want to feel her voodooness a second time around.... (thinking back to the voo-doo truths that I spoke of before....) I will walk very quietly for a while....

Now the come clean... the sister stalker called early this am... and spoke to the boy... she claimed to be his favourite aunt.. he paused a moment to consider that fact.... no doubt that she is.. but it's fun to make her think otherwise. Anyways... she needed my immediate assistance... and she had my morning all planned for me... because I am clearly useless at organizing my very own life. ... The truth be told that is. She needed me to help her load up the bark mulch... so of course I agreed with her....because how can I not... ? Anyways... as I attempted to get the girl to quicken her pace of readiness for school.. I suddenly remembered... there was a PAC meeting at the school.... AAAAAAAAHHHHH.... my role there is non-existant... I speak very little, I listen to lots.. and while I am there I daydream of the other tasks that I could be doing instead of doing what I am doing... like barkmulch bagging with the crazed gardening sister.... so, I conveniently forgot that there was a PAC.. I could have called the sis back...but that clearly could have been to my detriment.... I am sure of it... there would have been more backlash from her.. than from the committee... they are now used to my "un-interested ways"... I am sure this is sending a signal that I am no longer interested... surely it must be... I only have one more PAC meeting left... and that is where they take the vote on who gets to be who... I know that I get to be none of them!!!! I am so free.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"D"....oh how absolutely gross that nightmare was!!!! Having been on "that ward" not too long ago....ugh, the thoughts!

And you realize that I can't help but chuckle every time I see your sis at the school, don't you?

Melissa said...

I'm a nurse and at first I believed your story. I was thinking that at least it was only a catheter that broke open; it is so much worse when a colostomy bag comes loose and liquid stool pours into wounds. See! I can be gross too. :)

Anonymous said...

I need to see my van ful of flowers and my master card smokin because of it. Currently the flowers are few and the only smoke is coming from the oven!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh....my stomach is in my throat!