Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's going to be a long one...

Yes, it's going to be a long night... how about these circumstances....I am going to need a freaking medal by the am... if I make it that long.

So, the story goes like this......

Earlier I see the remote sitting on the little antiquey dresser that the husbandman finished many moons ago. It's just sitting there... all ignored and batteryless. This didn't look good to me, but I reserved judgement or comments and questions... I was hoping to avoid the whole conversation about THE CONTROLLER... in the event that it had just been momentarily forgotten...sadly, it had not.

Mr. Husbandman in his show-off patiently ways tried to get the controller to control once again. He fiddled and faddled and wobbled and whooped... it looked to him that this controller was hooped. He had layed it to rest on the antiquey dresser.

THE TELEVISION SET WAS NOW BROKEN. Because we all know that once THE CONTROLLER is down for the count, the TV is no longer a functionable relaxation agent any longer.

Mr. Noncontrollerfixing husbandman left the room for more comfortable pillows and a remote that worked. He then fell asleep...... and, as I have written before.. he sleeps too loud for me.

Now I am trapped here.... I have no place to go, nothing to watch, no reruns of CSI to fixate on.... I am not certain how I am going to make it through the night.. I mean I can't actually TOUCH the television.. I mean, do fingers actually touch televisions these days.. I could probably put it into instant melt-down mode... while I am busy trying to sleep, or something weird like that.

I will have to sit here all night, and watch the words hit the screen far to slow than my fingers are typing... and that is just so not fun... I hate being three words ahead and then see a transposed letter... I can't stand all the backspacing.. I just don't backspace.. I am more of a complete delete kind of girl... so it's just going to work her for me either....

I must go make THE CONTROLLER work for me.... I must go and control the controller.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Gods sake D. Just Go To Bed!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and here I thought the hubbyman fell and hurt himself while doing a ballet or something?!?!?