Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One, one and two....

We have one more session of gymnastics to go... and the goal that I had made for the lady Pip was that she had to be able to do a cart wheel at the end of the gymnastics season... we have more or less reached that goal.. Miss Pip does most things with her own flair... and I have now renamed the cartwheel... a cartplunk... this is what my Pip has achieved... and it looks absolutely amazing... she poses, then points, then plants, then plunks.... down onto both knees, rather hard. But she looks good at this new style of cartplunking.. hopefully it will catch on for the competitive side of gymnastics for next year.

The Boy has had his last piano lesson with the most amazing lady I have ever met. And, the most important thing about having a truely awesome piano teacher, is that she loves plants.. so I like her even more... not only is she amazing with the boy, she builds a beautiful garden to surround the homestead.. almost like goldie locks... because she is blond, and there are certainly enough bears around to collect porridge on any given day. My boy ages by 10 years when he is tranplanted into her home for 30 minutes.. the normal goofy and funny kid... turns into this serious piano playing Shroeder character... and the moment he leaves her spell, she returns him to me... a goofy but lovely non-listening boy....I want to know her magic.. and I want some of it... FOR THE GIRL!

Two more weeks.. until school is out, done and gone. Another school year has whipped by... and I am not sure when it snuck past me... except for the million times that we couldn't find planners, or sign planners, or remember to put planners in backpacks... that has been a long drawn out issue... with just two weeks left of school the Pip announces to me that it is very important to have her planner... VERY IMPORTANT.... because people in her group are starting to talk... that she is plannerless... The secret part to the whole story... is that Pip has had that smelly planner (2nd week into september her orange juice container leaked all over her planner... nothing that a heater vent couldn't fix... but over time... it's just a little ripe!) the whole time... it lives in her backpack, with who knows what else is living in there with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna - again your stories bring memories of my own not so many years ago. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Deanna....how much are piano lessons with this lady? My eldest has been playing the piano on his own lately...I mean seriously...playing tunes he's figured out the keyes for on his own!!

Chastity said...

I was always the girl that did a "cartplunk" rather than a cartwheel and had the backpack that had many unknown things living in it. I never knew I had so much in common with your own little Goldilocks :).