Thursday, June 23, 2005

knock knock ... who's there?

Since my friend has insisted she is tired,...and must retreat to her bed for the night... I am left here alone.. listening to the sounds of the night.

I am alone this evening... which is the reason why the children were once again up until all hours... (apologies to some teachers, and not to others)...I did make a good effort to fluff them into sleepiness... but that clearly did not work... one hovered, and the other howled. My luck. Eventually after some hissing, they became frightened of me, and drifted off to sleep. Thank you little children that are too tall for their own good... that thought alone is just freaky.

Anyways... since their departure to dreamy land.. I have been faced with a harsh reality.. either there is a ghost in my house, or the kidlets are still awake...and doing things that make me jump in the night. The little sleepy four legged furry princess is now happily settled in the livingroom, now that she has realized that her master is gone for the night, except for a moment ago .. when she sat bolt upright... and looked around. Nice... that makes me feel even more settled.... especially for me... a believer in ghosts... because there are ghosts...and you can't tell me otherwise.... and the reason why.. because I just know.

I need to go and fold laundry now.. so I can first find the covers, and then hide under the covers of our bed. I will bring my sleeping four legged princess with me.. the jingle of her collar will certainly send me through the ceiling.. to meet any ghost that may be lingering. AAAhhh.

4 comments:

gemmak said...

Ugh! I hate that thing when the four-legged companions suddenly go on 'red alert' in the middle of the night when we are alone.

Mine ALWAYS do it at about 2am when PG is on a night shift! Eekkkk.

Anonymous said...

I don't need pets....it's me that bolts to a sitting position...or running position.

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOO!!!!! I confess, it was me. Sneaking around out side just to scare you!!!!
I love the pic of J on the blankie with the stuffies. That looks my
Heidi and shes 14!!!
David is power washing our fence at the moment. It was either that or be grounded for deeds that i wont pain your ears with. I love it when the kids screw up, coz it always means less work for Mom and Dad!!!!!

Ozfemme said...

I too am a believer in ghosts. I could tell you more about that if you cared to know but for now I will just say that they, the ghosts, do no harm. They may make the furry one's ears prick up and they are most definitely vying for your attention but, I repeat, they will do no harm. It's the living we should be wary of.