Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Working weather.

For once I have heard a weather forecast when it will actually make a difference. A little light rain this morning, and sun this afternoon. Perfect, to me that is. I have overseeded my front lawn...now that the moss has been ripped out, and holes popped in the ground. I am sure that I will see bright green sprouting all over the place, and not just in the pictures that I post. I have a couple of hanging baskets that I am going to throw together.... and I am not certain how you exactly you "throw" pots together... but I have been doing it for years.

Since I have many plans because of the working weather.. I need some working fuel. Thanks to my friend I have some cream for my coffee.... that I forgotten was in the fridge. Lucky day for me. If I ration correctly I will have enough for two cups. I may as well drink it black.. but I just couldn't do that. Black coffee. I don't think so.

Speaking of drinks.. I watched the most interesting sight last night. Who else do I speak of, but none other than the Pip. I watched her try and get a cup out of the drawer last night. We have a stack of plastic cups that we have accumulated over time from a local restaraunt. Last evening she was looking for a certain cup to drink her orange juice with. She was pretty high-strung about the "no-milk" event going on in the home, and the fact that her brother shouldn't live here because he always "cleans-up with the milk", and when was he leaving because of this. Anyways... she was fittingly looking for a cup that was red, and she had some lid from who knows where that she was frantically trying to insert on anything. I became scared from this sight, and found her most favourite Barbie cup in the universe, and poured a whole one inch of juice from the last of the orange juice into her most favourite cup. She paused, then hissed, "I have always hated that cup.... I am going to dump the juice". Another moment passed, and she reconsidered the juice dumping process... and a smile came to her lips after she had downed it. I am not certain how I am going to get those "other cups" out of the drawer, and out of that mind of the Pip.....

Do they have "shot-put" practice in the rain? I have reminded my boy that he needs to wake up... wake-up, wake-up, wake-up, wake-up boy. I asked him if he needed a morning song to get him out of bed, he usually doesn't consent to this amount of ridiculous stuff... but this morning he did. So I marched down there.. and started singing anything that came to mind.. which was: "it's raining outside and you have shotput practice".... to the beat of nothing other than the words, and repeated it enough times until he registered the noise to his brain. Miracles of miracles it worked. The ten year old tall boy whipped himself up and out, shook the sand from his eyes, and then started in on doing his regular barking of orders. All systems check.

Miss Molassessmorning-glory has risen.... aka The Pip. Now I need to coordinate her pokiness to his busy-ness... and everyone should be happy. SHOULD. BE. HAPPY. I will go inform them of the minute details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love coming here and reading your stories about your kids! It makes me smile and remember silly things my own did when they were younger...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a way to cheer oneself up...coming here that is.

Anonymous said...

D,
Gross, that cream is a week old!

Susan