Monday, May 30, 2005

It's CC & Q

I'm all about perfection in the kitchen.... I am up there on the lists that make the big lists... as in lists of who not to visit for dinner ... that's the big list!

So.. tonights menu will be.. cooked carrots, home made quiche and banana milkshakes... because the bananas have dots now, and are clearly useless for any form of lunch kit activities.

I say brilliant.

Now.. onto other brilliant details from today. Earlier... while at my group... we were sitting in this rather large "Lounge" as it is called. Normally we play Bocce Ball for about 45 minutes and then the group members leave for home. Today, things had to change, as we only had 3 people left to play Bocce... so we were having a lovely conversation in this large lounge. Along came one lady, and then another younger lady who breezed right past us... as if the 4 of us were ghosts... sometimes the next group comes in early, and finds theirs chairs, and put their choir books down.. that sort of stuff. These two ladies failed on all accounts and started banging out a classical piece of music on the piano. All was good.. except that we were having a conversation in this large lounge... and now they were infringing on our conversation by pianoing a duet together. It was nice to listen to the first two times... but when it continued on for another 10 times.. it got a bit hard to take on the ears.. and we all left.... no conversing, because now we all had our hands over our ears. Thanks very much choir director lady and her trusty assistant.. I am glad to know that I am a ghost yet again.

I have to say... it's good manners that got me into this, so it's my fault that the small group that we had got pushed out...I'm stupidly nice! I will practice being evilly nice tomorrow... I should have taken lessons from our evil Prance... but since she's gone one dimensional... I'm at a loss.

Must go think... and I thought the dinner time thought process was hard... man!

1 comment:

Ozfemme said...

ahh...the dilemma of the dinner menu.. I know it well. I have children who are well versed in what they don't want to eat for dinner but are not as forthcoming in suggesting things they do want to eat for dinner which correspond to what my idea of what appropriate dinner fare is. That said, thank you for giving me the inspiration to go home and serve cooked carrots and quiche.