Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tails and tales....

The first tail of the day is of the furriest, silliest and alive member of the family. We have other things that are furry and silly, but are not alive but rather considered inanimate, but wished to be alive... Just to clarify... Anyways..

Little Miss Ellpee, still to be crowned with Queenly Royal Status, (as the late Cicely rightly held for her entire visit on this earth) .... because we are awaiting her arrival showing us that clearly she can rule as a Queen... Which I believe she has taken the long road to get to... So my optimism is starting to fade.... But I have moments of hope when she sits back and looks regal gazing over her lands... But anyways... While in the front yard... She clearly has issues. I attached her to her long rope and plunked her in the front yard. The neighbour fellow came over to visit her, and she sits, ears back, her tail stiff as a dog's tail can be... And I wait in horror... Is that look on her face one of terror or terribly happy to see someone. Her furry faced emotions clearly can not be read by her loyal subjects. In the end, she was extatic to see the neighbour fellow, she even nervously rolled over on her side to let him give her a pat. Once again her Queenly status is still on hold due to the fact that she runs and hides behind me once the patting from the neighbour is over... I am thinking that the only Queen in this household is the one in waiting.... A.K.A. Pip. This information shall remain a secret.

IN other tales of the day... The kids and I were driving along the other day... And we were speaking of our now departed German Shepherd Cicely ( a dog with many nick-names, and she answered to all of them... Like Prance) taking up residence in heaven... Except that it is no longer heaven that dogs go to... And they do not walk through pearly gates... Since her arrival to the great place, it has now been renamed to PRANCELAND, and the entry gates are now a lovely shade of tennis ball green.

While I am speaking of last week... And the only time I was not traveling with my lovely digital, was the camera catching event that my almost tall as some his teachers son who stole home twice in the same inning... But only one run counted.. Which was the winning run... Which let the team win it's very first game, at the very end of the season.. Fine drama for a hot evening, that's for sure! The first time around was only a practice run in sliding, as a forced play drove the young son home on a fly ball that went as high in the air as it could, only to land 2 feet in front of the plate, then the other team panicking and throwing the ball... The young ump first called safe, then swiftly changed his mind and called it a fowl ball. It was more of a fowl call than a fowl ball.. But they are young umps, learning the business of safes, outs, and fowls... The second attempt for a run home was accurately called as safe, as the boy slid beneath the tag at home plate... As the ball then bounded from the catchers mit... Everybody's heart skipped a beat at that moment. Our excited team met the others in their dug-out... How kind of them to save the "losers" a trip. The coach called the eager beavers back to the plate.. A nice moment really... When sometimes winning can be everything.

In other tales of lifeliness... The sister tried her best to somehow go out on our designated "useless task night".. As I like to refer to it. It just didn't happen... "So where is Mr. Husbandman anyways?"... She inquires. "I have no idea... Anywhere... " I answer. She waits... We have a look around my backyard, and my front yard, and I have no side yard so we make our way over to the neighbour lady who is now paranoid because I haven't been answering my phone.. But I didn't know that she had been calling to even answer my phone... And we continue to wait for the husbandman to arrive. I tried to will the man home, but that again prooved useless... it was time.. I had to make the call.. "So where exactly are you?"... I asked him... He gives me the grim details... Ok.. See you when you arrive... I shake my head NO to my sister... "Tonight is simply not the night for useless tasks as we would like... You will have to go it alone.. If you can.. " I say to her.... She eventually left, and I wished her luck... I didn't know where the van would take her.. If she would be able to go at all... She didn't even have her cell.. We could of had a play by play if necessary... But then.... This morning, a new day before us, many adventures ahead of me... My day off from life... And who shows up on my door step.... The sister... She was back... With new adventures to be planted into my day.... The first stop was Triple Tree Nursery.. And then there was no looking back from there.....I was hooked, and really, held captive until she dropped me in my driveway, in the rain... Where I then proceeded to cut the front lawn.

No comments: