Monday, May 23, 2005

Dog cage.

I now like the fact that we keep a dog in a dog cage. That excuse can be quickly executed in times of diress, especially when you are stuck in someone's home, and needing to make a quick exit. I decided that this would be a very good excuse to leave last night. It worked.

I quite like the people that we visited... but somehow the person that we were visiting seemed to think that having the television on the whole time we were there was socially acceptable. I guess it is, if you are 9. The sports channel played the whole time, never once did it get turned off. I thought when we first got their that it was on just to pass the time, and once we were mingling in the kitchen area, it would be turned off. WRONGO-BONGO. I was very mistaken.

As the evening gathered momentum... I began thinking of excuses for an escape. I am not tolerant of this kind of stuff... but I wasn't going to say... "Turn this crap off".... which, in hind-site probably would have worked. But, on the 3 1/2 minute drive to get to their house we had concluded that it would be Fussy who would be the deciding factor in never being asked back again.... I solidified that decision, by taking mental notes... I won't do that again. EVER.

The next time... IF WE GET TOGETHER.... they can come here... where the TV is saved only for children.

I am happy that our little dog has to sometimes live in a cage... it is ever so handy in making quick exits... and that was put to the test last evening... and just in time for Mr. Husbandman to catch the season finale of Desperate Housewives.

No comments: