Monday, May 30, 2005

An eyebrow raised.

I am sitting here in complete silence, taking into account that we have to hear the hum of the computer and the refridgerator.... I will forgive those autonomic noises, as I am used to their white noise. But, what I am not used to is the silence that comes with a dull grey sky.

The sky has been brilliant blue the last number of days, and with that blue sky there is the chatter of birds continuously. When I open up the sliding glass door, if the idiot dogs are not barking.. (not my idiot dogs! I don't have idiot dogs... I have the ninny catdog type but don't provoke her, her jaws can do damage (not to humans, but to other furry four-legged beasts that she is afraid of)... as well, I need to lose the plural, as I only have one dog now, but in my mind I still travel with two... only because the first evil queen sits perched on my desktop staring back me for as long as the computer screen doesn't go to the screen saver... sorry Prance.. you and your evil ways have gone one dimensional.... ) anyways... the birds and the silence....

Anyways... I am wondering what's up. When it stops raining around these parts... I can always tell, because the birds start to chime up...but it's cloudy when this happens.... So now, I am wondering what's up with the silence of the birds... as it is cloudy now... wait a minute, I just noticed something.. I need to open the door to hear the birds. I get it now. Cool weather means closed doors which means silence from the outside. Hot weather means open doors which means sounds drift indoors. I am so getting it now.

Although I am not wrong in feeling that the world is quieter when the brilliant blue sky has been defeated by the slick grey clouds. Perhaps there is a momentary silence as the animal world braces for the mysteries that Mother Nature has in store... who knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Deanna....this is why we have doors and windows...*laughing*...have a great day! A cool day, but a great day!

Anonymous said...

Ill have to try opening my doors in the rain and see if i can hear the birds!
Here , I am also getting used to the singular in reference to the cat(s).
Its gonna be a while before i'm accustommed to the plural PUPPY!!! Yesterday, he attacked (shredded) a package of 500 table napkins and a roll of tinfoil. My kitchen looked like something from a disney movie!