Friday, May 06, 2005

Unable to deliver.

The other day I met a friend for coffee. Her very first request was please don't make her laugh.... she hurt too much from her work out. I thought in my head.... "I'll see what I can do for you". As in... what stories should I tell to keep a straight shooting sensible grounded level about me, that results in a dull eh-he, eh-he. I am sure that lasted all of a minute. Then I resumed normal chitter-chatter.... she never complained once.. although I think I saw her wince a couple of times. Too add fuel to the supposed none laughing event was her almost 4 year old daughter that gave me lots of material to work with. Sorry L, not sure what made me do it! Before we knew it, even the people that hang around the coffee place on a regular every morning basis had left for their daily lives. In an effort to keep L from hurting herself with her sore muscles again... I will not speak of the tales that were told, or people that eat icecream from the Tillamook Cheese Factory... that clearly wouldn't be kind. I was most amazed at how you can totally become oblivious to time when you are in the company of good people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*laughing* "ouch!"

The Tillamuk cheese/ice cream story.....just your expression, will leave me laughing for days!!!

"ouch!"

Seriously....you're the sun on a cloudy day...not that my day's cloudy...but you get the picture!

Thanks D...for being who you are!