Monday, May 16, 2005

What happened earlier...

Nothing happened earlier.... but it's something that made me laugh. The girl was playing with her friend (that was wearing a beautiful army patterned sun dress... very quaint!!)from next door. The girl next door has had a runny nose forever, and ever. I believe since the day she came home from the hospital the day after she was born... with her smoking in the home father. Anyways... that's not what the story is about.. because that isn't laughable, that is truely disgusting.... and yet I grew up in a home where my parents smoked.. and then one parent smoked, because the one parent caught on that it clearly wasn't good for you, and the other parent finally caught on that it wasn't good for you, but didn't quit, although that parent quit smoking in the house... but you know...that was years ago... this still isn't about that story either.... but wait this is.......

Oh wait... in useless facts that happen.. I just sent the boy into the laundry room to collect his blankets for bed... and the dryer went off... and if you have been doing your home reading.... this old-new dryer buzzes for three minutes and sends currents throughout the massive 1365 square foot house.... so, as he enters the laundry room in the dark... (which he is scared of), the old-new dryer announces it's completion... which sends the boy flying in fright. Poor boy of mine, frightened of the dark, and old-new dryer noises....

Back to the story at hand.... so I am talking to my mother on the telephone... and these girls are flitting about... back and forth to her room, through the kitchen, back out through the den.... and I was trying to do the dishes from the earlier morning adventures for the pot-luck lunch provided by Deanna. Finally I had had enough of the flitting and the skirtting...... so I had a hiss attack.... " Get ... Get... Get.... stay outside, stop flitting about me.... just get and go jump on the trampoline like you wanted to...."... oddly enough the little Pip and friend finally scattered. A couple of minutes later the two of them were at the other side door... trying to make their way back in... so I paused on the dish detail, and excused my mothers ear to my pocket... and hissed once again... just stay outside.... what is it that you guys need?

The little girl with the bad nose and the interesting sundress says:... " I need to go home and get some underwear on before I can jump on the trampoline...."

Alright then... off you go....as I whisk them through the kitchen.... and out through the front door.... go find those undies missy.

People scare me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this something that generally occurs in the "teen years"?