Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The green green...

grass of home. I cut the front lawn today. It looks very green, lush and cheerful... almost like a lawn that has no weeds. It is a very deceiving front lawn, and I am very proud of it. I will post no pictures....and please don't come and stand in the middle of it.... just so that I can keep telling the people of the world that.. and you will just have to believe what you read... and who cares what the other saying is all about! (believing and reading)...

I also threw about another 50 handfuls of grass seed across the front lawn, on top of the 75 that I threw last week... perhaps this week it feels like germating... because last week it didn't feel the need to.. well, only some of it did. I also bought a chemical agent to kill the lovely beginnings of MORNING GLORY that has invaded parts of my yard.

And, you may as well get it over with...you can call me "the lady ant killer"... because that is what I have turned into. I have baited little dollips of ant-serum all over the place, because it seems that I have ants all over the place... and more importantly... they have taken to eating some of my flowers. And with that.. they must die. I paused for a moment today to value and appreciate the life cycle of ants, and their importance to our world, and the environment... and then I squeezed the last drop of ant-serum beneath the Japanese Maple.... hopefully it will get them all... perhaps the neighbours will have some extra ants this year.. because I have decided to be bold and take a "Just Say No to Ants" kind of approach this year. Sorry guys.. this year will not be your year to overthrow this kingdom. At this point next year isn't looking good either.

No comments: