Sunday, May 29, 2005

Where exactly...

did that trail take me anyways? Yes, I have been wondering that myself. I can swear that I just left this space only moments ago... and here it is Sunday morning... and I am just emerging.

I am back on the weekend trail of working adventures.. which there are many to be had.. but nothing exciting to speak of. Unless of coarse I begin to make things up.... which wouldn't be too far fetched anyways.

My hands are still reeling from Fridays feast of pressure washing. I think I was out on my ugly but now clean back deck for about 4 1/2 hours of a continuous "erring... but with a growl".... hopefully the people that live around me will forget the sound fast. It wont matter to me... I can't hear anymore. My hands wont forget.... interestingly I am very left handed... but not so after the washing event.. so I have decided. It was my right hand that had to hold the magic wand for about 4 of the 4 1/2 hours... if the left hand was called in for assistance... it was only for a momentary break. It seemed that the wand just gravitated back to the right hand... with a will of it's own. So now today... it's still stiff. But I would venture to say a happy stiff.... (see there is evidence that you can be a happy stiff!).. because I now have a clean but still ugly back deck... including the big two steps to get outside which are pressure treated wood... they're pressure treated alright... I obsessively scoured them back and forth until I realized that I still had a whole deck to clean....

I will thank my lovely neighbour across the street for using his god-given brain, as well as continue to be wonderfully handsome.... clearly some days those two things do not come as a combination. He smiled and waved while he cut his front grass, and, as he saw me cleaning out the side of my house with my hard working right hand... his daughter and The Pip were happily and busily playing in my backyard.. which was all good. But then along came the child that continues to phone 8 times in a row to see if the girl from across the street can play... yikes for that!... Now, normally the wonderful and handsome man from across the street points in the direction that his daughter can be found... so of course he was know longer wonderful and handsome when I saw her heading in his direction... "oh god, oh god.. don't you dare... I started thinking in my head......"... and miraculously there is a God.. the little girl turned, looked at me... and walked back home again... I had been saved. Well, actually the world had been saved with that one event... because I am sure that you have heard those two girls scrapping from all thirteen and three quarters of the world's corners. I am sure!

That is all for this moment.. I am at work, doing work things. Well... kind of, not exactly.. until I sign off from here, which will be now.

No comments: