Monday, May 23, 2005

The boys.

Earlier today... things were going on in my backyard.... like three boys... living in my backyard. They were an improv comedy act... with no audience ... except myself.. the flower planting lady. At one point .. one of the boys starts choking badly on a cookie... and within a heartbeat... the one boy says to other... "if you are done with that cookie, can I have it"... as the child is blue in the face, BUT CHOKING, HEAVILY. Luckily he lived.

Then, once again while my back is turned... they tie my boy up.. with all of the girls skipping ropes. "Unless you two are willing to surrender your bank accounts for dental work that will be required after my boy loses his front teeth.. you best untie him"... I say.

Later I find them with all of their hands tied up... bouncing on the trampoline. Luckily we have padded posts.

The sun came out for a short time today.. just to let us know that it is still around these parts. The water guns came out in full force... 3 boys, 3 waterguns, 2 weaponless girls on a trampoline. That was pleasant to listen to... believe me on that one.

Careful where you walk... the skipping ropes got turned into lazers.. and those that walked freely throughout the backyard.. took their life in their own hands.. as the ropes where whipped through the air with loving zings.

There are no germs at all when you can continuously pass a harmonica around from boy to boy to boy.. just so they can make themselves some great sounding music... or so they think.

I lost sight of them for quite a while when they walked down the street and jumped across the ditch.. into fort territory. I don't even want to know what goes on there. It's best that I don't. Although they claimed that some pimply teenagers came along and wanted to know their names.. the neighbour boy gave the answer of the answer of "Mysterious Bob", and my boy gave the answer of "I'm his trusty assistent Little Jimmy"... (my boy is half a head taller than his friend Mysterious Bob) .... they left their fort for home...

Only a glimpse into the ongoings of the boy.... I am not sure I want to know the rest.

No comments: