Thursday, August 11, 2005

Very unprepared.

Last evening a most aggravating event happened. As usual, I will measure it on the scale of worlds events, this one rates at a minus 52. But, in my little world it was most aggravating all the same. It goes like this....

I have been visiting the beautiful bears for the last number of months, and although we have had tons of sightings.. I haven't had the opportunity for a good close up picture. Last evening... without giving it a moments thought, where did I find myself... up checking out the bears. There is a small stretch of road where the bears POP OUT (we call them pop-out spots, because before you know it, you are staring at a bear). On the other side of this narrow roadway there was a slimmer version of Grizzly Adams (temporarily renamed Blackbear Adams I guess) on a bike watching a pop-out spot. As luck would have it, out popped a bear further up the narrow road and very tentatively crossed the road.. the whole while Mr. Grizzly Adams just stared into an empty pop-out spot. I was just dying to roll down the window and hiss at him... turn your freaking head Mr. Grizzly, but I refrained, it wasn't my car to go all psycho in... I can not believe that I didn't have my camera...yes, I am without an image to present... because I let myself be unprepared. It would have been a beautiful shot, really.

~~~~~~Insert of what could have been a lovely photo of black bear~~~~~

In more things that have irritated me in the last 24 hours.... we go to a pub. Life is fine, when you are in a pub, until Mr. Curlyhead approached, and wanted us to play trivia. My answer was a slightly curt NO, (with the phrase piss off... do I look like I know trivia... I am a freaking wizardly suburban boring mother... that types stories on her computer because I drink too much coffee that starts my mind reeling with obsessive ideas!!!). My friend nicely apologized for her declining to be a part of his idiotic pub game. Well, at least one out two people were polite last evening. The game started, and all we heard were bits of tunes, and people horraying, and him yelling into the microphone, and it was all bad. Meanwhile... prior to all of this, I was watching over my friends shoulders the 4 people that sat behind her, and as they got their orders of food, they took turns taking pictures of the person, with the food, making stupid faces. I didn't quite get that... but of course I look forward to being 73 1/2 and not caring what other people may be seeing. I just can't wait to do that... now that is an event that I can prepared myself for.

3 comments:

Nan said...

Ok, your written visual was ALMOST as good as an actual photo of a black bear!

You are SO lucky to have those kinds of sitings. Down here we see squirrels, chipmunks, possums, armadillos, ooooh, and snakes. *ick*

I do like your beachy theme, btw.

Anonymous said...

You're still hilarious D....oh and I'd like to go to a pub....I like pubs....my kids don't let me go to pubs because....shhhhh, there's beer there.

Anonymous said...

That poor trivia boy! Imagine, you getting pissy with a nice yourg man like that!!!! Tsk!

By the way, been up all night,,,, sleeeeep, come out come out, wherever you are!!!!!