Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I have a problem

The problem all started with the lovely digital camera... and the ability to take about a trillion and five photos, nonstop. ( the husbandman loves his dog more than me, it's vice versa with my camera). I have no restraint.... I just click and click and click. Sometimes I may trashcan the occasional photo.. but to do that means that you are erasing a moment in time... and you can't do that. That moment has already happened, and whether how good or bad the outcome, it has been a documented moment in time I say!... who am I to trashcan it.

That problem has now moved into my computer... because as I download these images onto the computer, I still have blurry photos of whatever the subject matter has been. Still, the delete button is not an option... I now use my not so sharp memory to re-create the image in my mind to be far crisper than it appears on the screen. But that is only me. I was the one that recorded that moment in time.. so I am the only one to remember what it should have looked like. There's one problem:

The camera does not like my superson. It seems that there are way way too many pictures of my fine boy... that are a little more worbly than they should be. The poor guy, he has his one documented picture in history compared to his sisters 73. It's not as if he is Mr. Action-incorporated to catch an image of... the photos taken of him were still life, which is similar to him actual life.

Now... I have a bunch (bunch!) of photos from our little space and time away.. and I am hardpressed to find some still life of the boy to put in the scrapbook album. Last night I created a page... expressively for him.. and every single one of them were remarkably blurry. The whole page was a blurry mess. The page documents Mr. Safetyson out in the ski-doo tube thing... riding over the wake of the waves.... it is possible to see his mouth open... it possibly could be a smile, but I think it was his screaming... as I wasn't able to capture the persons hand that kept covering his mouth to muffle his noise... but nobody needs to know that!

In the meantime... I should be finished this little holiday book by 2007... I managed to create 3 pages, and I only have about 67 pages to go. I think I will not recharge my camera batteries for a day or two... that should keep the picture-snapping-problem down to a dull roar.

No comments: