Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Santa Claus and the Campsite

It pays off having the Santa Claus of camping make the camping list. There's none of that hitting the forehead and screeching "OMG I wish I would have packed that!". There is none of that talk or incidence that emerge across the camping horizon.
None.
IT GETS BETTER.
The Santa Claus can morph himself in King Camper. Really and truely.... before your very eyes. My sole role for the camping adventure was to wipe Pip's tears away (which luckily only happened once a day for brief moments of Pipness, and then it was done, my job over), read my book, and try and come up with four letter words for my crosswords. King Camper took it upon himself to conduct himself according to his campsite laws that he had made for himself... and that was to busy himself with all the details of the day, including doing the dishes of all the meals that he had made, then.. hanging up the dish towels to dry. If I had been a very smart observer I would have taken notes of all his devilish deeds of camping desires, and reproduced them here .......and then all of you would become great campers safe with the knowledge of the secrets to king camping abilities. There was only a slip up once... when I started to dry the 2 cups and 3 forks in the camping adventure... King Camper froze in his tracks, and almost started to convulse... I backed away from the precisely placed dishrack, and picked up my book.. and life returned to regular campsitedness from that point on. It was a close call, I almost got given my walking papers. Good thing... I got kinda lost in the campsite... 3 1/2 hours from home.

I am still good for something... The Queen of the camera. I managed to take 170 pictures while we were gone. King Camper.. his hands never even touched the little device. I have rules too.

No comments: