Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Just while my back is turned

Things go on all the time..... but life gets in the way of noticing some adventures that should stand out and be noticed.

So, while I was out.. some minor things went on..... of course worthy to be noted here, but not worthy for a lights and cameras....

It has been six months since Rusty (actually Russ/my dad) has left this worldy place. In that amount of time I have made up my mind that spirits are left on this earth, even if the person that resides in them haven't. He has been to visit my uncle, (his brother) and has made his presence known at my parents home. Really. Seriously. Well, it's just what I believe. Anyways... the funeral people call my mom last week, and tell her it's been 6 months, can you come and get him. (I did make the attempt to try and pick him up a number of months ago... and somehow the lady at the funeral home thought I was just crazy enough... so Russ remained sitting on a shelf for a while longer..... she didn't think that riding around in the back of my 15 year old SUV would be a safe spot for him... little did she realize that he would have been happy a clam to be out driving around the country side!)... anyways, my mom did the deed. The first place she put him... in the back of her way newer SUV... and took him for a ride. Then, all in a flutter.. because she couldn't just take him home... she headed to Costco, which he used to love to wander around in (which is rather funny, because this man hated shopping of any sorts)... and she bought stuff. She then drove him home, and took him out to his shed with the lettering (R-horseshoe-M = RUM shack) and put him in a shelf with his drill bits, empty mickey bottles & cigarette packages. So.. not only now can he haunt his shed, but he has taken up a permanent (semi) residence their once again.

In other things that are of less importance, but worthy of a mention: I found a job that seemed suitable in the paper for me. I faxed off a resume.. without really thinking about it... and then we left on our "Tour de BC".... and the people from the place where my resume has landed... have been calling me ever since. My first impression of the messages left by the people that are only temporarily stalking me... they sound happy, and I am not certain if it is drug induced. I need to investigate their happiness.....it gives me reason to pause for interpretation.

Now.. back to my regular life... speaking of spirits and happy people... the laundry fairy is calling me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your dad made it home....

....loved your story.