Friday, August 19, 2005

An amazing find.

My friend and I have always had something great in common. Although I think that HE is worse than ME. We have compared our great finds over time and we both seem as bad as the other... but he also collects bikes, so he has to be worse than me. WE both love other people's junk. It's soothing for the soul... to find a magical piece of something chucked out by the side of the road, unwanted and unloved, then we happen upon it. Somedays in our lives both him and I will spot something by the roadside... drive home, think about, do a "U-EY", or compare notes as to what stranger got to it before us.

Yesterday... I didn't even have to leave my driveway, and I found great things. The first great thing was a beat up little table that was hauled out of my neighbours back yard... I told the Mrs. of the house that I had found this in her junk pile. I let her grab a glance, and then immediately offered it back to her... as it had come from her yard. She took it. But not to be withered by a great find that got away... I turned to look at the pile of growing junk... and found two old lovely lawn chairs... the old wood ones that fold up. I immediately fell in love with those way more than the little table.

Now today... I have planted some of my summer pots on top of these lovely chairs. It is a glee filled moment. I will tell my junk friend about my great find... he who patrols the streets of Vancouver. I wonder if he is allowed to to put great finds in the trunk of his police cruiser?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that kind of thing but I can get a bit carried away with junk collecting.

gemmak said...

Lol...no way, I make the junk piles, I can't stand clutter! heh.