Sunday, August 07, 2005

Let's all be GAY.

I kid you not. Mind you, there would be none of us left, and it wouldn't be all that enjoyable.. but it's seems lovely to be gay. Things seem prettier when there is gayness involved. I am clearly of the opinion that whatever floats your boat... but this isn't my cruise ship of choice..all the same, I was intrigued by this mysterious life that lives on the surface in the daylight hours, but really unfolds after dark... and I knew I would be.

OK, the only reason I write this: because in my sheltered little suburban life I managed to find myself at a gay persons birthday bash down in the lovely partly richly part of Vancouver. I am certain that if I threw a similar bash, it would NOT have had the elegance, and perfection that this lovely birthday party permeated. I probably wouldn't have had the gay singer that impersonates females either... but he/she was definitely fun to watch. I was highly amused at the way he smacked his/her ass, then kicked his leg up, and continued to lip-sink.. and his nails looked good, I think... if you are in to claws. AND.. I loved the whole black waiters outfits, with the long black aprons that the server people wore. This was very impressive as well. I might get myself some... just to come and hang around the house on an evening kind of basis, and mix up some crantinis with a smile on their face... perahps they will serve some form of dinner as well. But, that is a rather gay thought..... not something that would happen in my suburban life.

Now... of course I had the time to people watch.. well, it was mostly man-watching that I did.. and I loved the amount of demonstrative activities that go on with this single sexed crowd. I never remember my Mr. Husbandman and myself wrapping our arms around one another so tight that I couldn't breathe.. and have a smile on my face. Interesting. I was never interested in running my fingers around his lips, while talking to another person to my left. Interesting. I don't remember when you had to bend over and swing your ass up and down to dance... I have such a bad memory. Wait.. this isn't a memory.. it was all new to me....I learned a lot last evening. But, all good things must come to an end, we had to leave... I am sure it was far too early for the real festivities and gayness... but then... there was already so much gayness going on.. I am not sure what I had already missed, or was going to miss.

All the same.. it was a great evening. OH, and the big fireworks that happen in Vancouver, and draw about 350, 000+ people down to the shorelines, rooftops, balconies, boats, planes and buses .. happened just beyond the house... behind the lovely trees. I missed sparks flying there as well.

No comments: