Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This is different

For some reason this very morning.. I have woken up and started drinking. Yes, yes I have... I have already two drinks.. of After Eight hot chocolate stuff. I am puzzled as to howcome my Tim Horton's coffee is still in the can, and the coffee maker sits idle.

In other things that are different:

We got an invitation to a party /BBQ on Saturday, we actually got two. The first invitation came in the form of a postcard.. and it almost looked some kind of coupon for some place that wants our money for something or other. I almost threw it away... when all of a sudden I looked at the highly grained cartooned photo of the persons face... it was Mr. Husbandmands friend that he has had since Kindergarten. We never see him. NEVER. Great guy, great catch, perfect gentlemen, thoughtful, plays the piano (played for our wedding), very sharp and quick witted. Any person would love him, so does his boyfriend. THAT'S why we never see him. He lives downtown and does downtown life things... we live in the boring little suburbs and have lengthy conversations into the night about tape measures and countertop heights. I should have fun people watching on Saturday evening.

The second invitation that we got... simple and straight foward... no fancy type or pictures. An email in regular black font: We're having a BBQ, bring your slab of meat and drink, and we'll hang out. We should all be so gay in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really should learn not to have any fluids in my mouth when I read your blog.....