Wednesday, April 20, 2005

To dry or not to dry.

At the drop of the hat all things change... most people know that, it's the law of life. Yesterday my dryer quit. Done. Quit.Over. Stopped working. Never to spin again. Finito-completo!

So the dilemma of the day would be.... do I keep the dryer that I just bought at Sears.. and give up the cash that was to be used for a digital camera... or do I take the dryer that my friend with the outspoken-but-delightful-and-well-loved-by-me-but-you-wouldn't-think-so-from-reading-it-here-daughter has just offered me. All good. All very good. It's slightly used, not a scratch on it... until now... when she was pulling it out from beside the hot water tank. Once again...still good. EXCEPT.... Mr. Husbandman... he's all about efficiency. He'll want to worry about details such as kilowats, and tater-tots, and polkadots, and other ridiculous rules of life. Me, on the other hand, am not too worried. He's so freaking efficient... he disassembled the ramp he built for little Miss Elpee with the crumbling back.. just the other day, now I am still stuck with the broken dryer.... if I only I could dolly it over here, and wheel it up the ramp... and happily be drying clothes by the time he got home.. he wouldn't have much to say in the matter.

What to do ... what to do....

No comments: