Friday, April 29, 2005

only so many hours in a day

Groundhog day comes every Friday for me. I am sure that last week I was typing of tales of gardens, laundry and cleaning the homestead. I am here again. On that note:

The people that come to rip up your lawn with their machines and poke holes in the ground made it here today. I thought they were going to be here this morning... they didn't arrive until 6:10 PM. I was just speaking to my mother on the phone... and telling her my story of sadness about the no-lawn-repair... and then I heard buzzing, whirling, and machinery. My yard had become a beehive of activity. By this time I had Mushroom Manure bags and Topsoil bags, and containers, and tulips bulbs strewn about my front yard. They cleaned it all up for me... and then proceeded to rip apart the grass, pull out moss, and topped it off with fertilizer. This made me happy. They were gone in fourty minutes... I couldn't have accomplished that much work in fourty minutes time. The lawn man told me he liked my lawn, it was a good one. I am not quite sure how a nasty moss/weed infested is a good one.. but even the helper boys were thrilled by the sights they had scene. They even took the green waste container out. Now, if only I could get them to come by every week... I wonder if they could do Sushi preparation that fast too.

We had a chance to whip down and see the bears... and we spotted them.. grazing in the field. Mr. Husbandman was not certain of the success of this quick trip... but it was, including two deers with black tails.

Birthday Party preparations for the Pipenza are ahead of schedule. I actually have the balloons and crap that this girl is hoping for... already purchased today. Along with that, is the craft that we are going to do while she is having her party. I hate birthday parties. Really. I hate planning them, I hate asking for certain kids to come, and then having to leave others out. I hate the whole event... I say hate, hate, hate. But, it keeps the Pipenza happy... and a happy Pipenza is a happy life... BELIEVE ME when I say that. OH, and in other boring party events.. she did manage to get a invitation to a birthday party by a girl in her class... this girl usually invites the whole class... but she did qualify for an invite... but... she is refusing to go.. on the grounds that she is going to get stuck in her wet bathing suit and will miss out on the party. She's already had one embarressing bathroom event this year.. and would prefer to not have another one.. so she tells me. This is going to take some work to convince the wild child that she is capable.

The Babysitter girl is coming tomorrow.... I have to leave the house all neat and tidy... to serve as a reminder as to how it is to be left tomorrow evening when Mr. Husbandman comes home. She's good with them... although I have had a small cause for concern when she walks them to the corner store, after they dump their piggy banks out with all their cash. I can just say... SAFETY first... and they are safe... maybe perhaps full of sugar... but safe. I have to leave an obvious reminder of what an empty kitchen sink looks like... and the fact that I would like it kept that way.

Crap.... I wanted to wash my 15 year old white SUV today.. but gee... didn't get enough time... it's dirty from all the backroad driving from going to see the bears. I was willing to take it through the car wash.. but once again... timing was a factor.

I am Mushroom Manure happy... this will be the BIG ONE for this summers garden bonanza. At least that is what I am hoping for.... every year I put together a garden.. and then hiss and swear... and shoot evil eyes at it all summer... and then say to myself on a chronic basis... "what the fuck I am doing with this.... I hate this shit!"... Next year I am doing something different. Today is that I day that I made a difference.... I have added mushroom manure to everything... so in a couple of days.... when the earth has settled, and the manure is burning the crap out of the roots of all my plants.. I will be back... swearing and cursing in even more capitals... so it's best that if you read, you read with blinders... for those with a soft center that is. But for now.. I am happy with the results... I have planted a whack of plants in my pots ... and I am working at revamping the front section... where much ugliness occurs on a regular basis. .... but this will be no more .... !! I may slice otherwise. No pressure here.

Now... the dryer has buzzed for it's allotted time of a minute and a half of an electricution awareness fright ... so it's best that I go and tend to it's calls... I wouldn't want a warning button to go off.... again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well this is all fine and dandy but....where did you get the "garden fairy"???? I need to know!