Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Speaking of sons...

That boy of mine, I am never quite sure what mood he will wake up in. It is pretty much predictable that he is in a good mood, but he has a spectrum of busy-ness that he wakes up with. Apparantley this morning it was his wake up and get to work mood... and that meant that all people in the home were to conduct themselves in a similar fashion... or so he thought. Little Miss Pokeyfusspot of course had different ideas, as she usually does. I could tell there were issues when his hands started to move when he talked... dictating the details of the day to me, and his sister. "Calm your jets bigshot... go dunk your head of unmanageable hair in the bathroom sink and breathe easily"... I said to Mr. All-business-son. He managed to do exactly that, then proceeded to find the sister who was happily munching on her "Peanutbutter and Jam, with no Jam and no Jelly" toast, and watching her favourite wake-up and shine show... "Clifford".... once again.. I heard him demanding to eat up that toast and start moving... he wasn't going to be late again.. not one more time.... because of a late eating toast with no jam sister. Meanwhile, as I was busily dodging the boy and all his rules in this vast 1365 square foot rancher.... I was trying to make lunches... luckily the rain had not hit... and then an idea hit him.. "Hey.. can I go jump on that trampoline ...?" he asks.. "Oh please, favourite son, by all means... go, jump be free.. go make some rules for the trees that hang above you.. leave me and your sister alone for 5 minutes".... I mutter. I then quickly go and get that girl from away from the television, look at her plate of crusts.. and then my eyeballs almost burst from my head.. "Ok missy.. we have to move quickly.. we can't have that boy breathing down our necks when he gets back... we could be in big trouble".... He seems to have aged to beyond reason since the "red belt" has arrived from Tae Kwon Do... not a bad thing, but a rather huge hassle in the morning. He has been told that the red belt.. is extremely dangerous.. true, in a "let's get our act together" sort of way. So, for a while I will let my 10 year old extremely dangerous son bark some new rules throughout the house... just to see how it all works. But if our bedtimes switch, then I am really going to have something to say about it.

No comments: