Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh thank you son.

Today immediately after school we had to zip across town to pick up the boys orthotics. The sad thing is... we do not zip anywhere in this little city at 3:00 in the afternoon... because everyone else is out there zipping around. So, with all the zippers filling the streets we made it to our destination in OK timing... but that is not the exciting part...the exciting part is the fact that I used my Mastercard to pay for the freaking expensive lovely pieces of foam that will correct the boys pivoting ankles... and the best part... I collected AIRMILES!!! That has become my sole mission for the next year... The collector of AIRMILES. Now all going well... we will be able to use them!

In other non-interesting news....

The girl is just psyched to go out on the trampoline and jump with her favourite big bear.... it's pitch black out right now, being 9:17 PM. She has also invited the silly little fraidycat catdog to join her in the darkness... so they can jump in fear together.... oh surprise... she is back..... but all a flitter with excitement at the thought that perhaps she could go out there... I will want her to continue to be afraid of the dark... especially if she keeps growing taller and blonder.... yes, that would make her mother very happy!

The Little Pipster has also just told me tales of loose teeth and recovered lost watches... all too blond to begin to translate for the regular reading public.... part of it goes: the wanting to please at every moment ever studious little friend from across the street, and the Pip were busy trying to pull teeth out of their heads last week... to make money. OK, this just scares me. Now I'm just frightened being in the dark....

And a nice tale... today would have been my Dad's birthday... if he was here, but he isn't.... but pieces of him are here... like the rocks that he tumbled and tumbled and tumbled... for years. The Pipster found them at my parents home.. and brought them home with the excitement of discovering lost treasure... and really it is. For years I would make my way over to my parents.. and you would hear this rolling and thundering come from Russ's RUM shack... which was his rebuilt super drummed rock tumbler churning about. I only ever got to hear of the goings on... but never got to witness some of his finery..... and now I have four super soft rocks lined up on this computer desk... thanks Russ!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Russ....Does the Big Guy serve cakes with tin foil wrapped coins baked right in like Max used to do?

Susan

gemmak said...

Rofl @ pulling teeth to make money....that one will go far! :o)

Ozfemme said...

Where did we get these blondes from? I have a wobbly toothed one here too. My two like to stick cushions up their sweaters and play sumo wrestlers while jumping on the trampoline.