Thursday, April 07, 2005

This time yesterday...

The phone started ringing yesterday... at this exact time. It was the school calling. The school doesn't call... but my boy does. As usual yesterdays call was of weency incidence, but I was not prepared to stand and debate the fact with Mr. Handsome son. As I found out last week my boy has no shock absorption... he just manages to get through life by pivoting with every step he takes. (Then his ankles roll over on him... which I guess is painful or something...) Yesterdays call was that very case. Now, I really do like my boy... he's a good guy... but I would have really looked the part of the fool if I had refused to take him home... which is what I really wanted to do. "Your ankle might hurt... but your mind doesn't... now go back to class...." I tried to reason with him.... "It's a long walk back to class" he says... "You're right... but it's a longer walk through Costco..." I tell him... so, guess who came with me! It's just as well... if I would have left him in class he would have hobbled around all uselessly... and probably done some real damage.. this way, we wondered through Costco.. with me saying to him... STOP LIMPING. He is still alive today... oh lucky him.

1 comment:

riskybiz said...

My 10 year old son would do anything to avoid the walk through Costco, I can't believe yours did.