Tuesday, April 12, 2005

She calls

06:00 hrs.

MA MA!!.............pause. MA MA !!..............pause....

Coming.

Why is it this little blondie can get up and take herself for a roam about the home through the darkness of night... and yet with a hint of light in the early am... she yells like a french poodle with a bad hair cut?

I walk into her bedroom.

"Oh, hi... I was just calling to see if you were awake... I am glad you are... because I need to go the bathroom"... as she brushes past me. "It's good to see you awake Ma Ma"...

My eyes then focus on a pink mass of clothing that is sitting on her floor. The girl reads my thoughts....

"Oh, and Ma Ma the Hello's (hello kitty PJ's) were getting me all too hot in the night, so I found my slipperies (a satiny spaghetti strap slip) to put on, and I am nice and cool now".

I tuck her back into bed, and continued on to the kitchen to torment my Mr. Husbandman with a pot of coffee... which he is still not part-taking in the morning coffee ritual.

Ma Ma!! Ma Ma!!.... she calls as she walks down the hall. "What is going on here... I am done sleeping now, I have my blanket.. and I am going to watch some shows... will you tuck me in Ma Ma..."? She walks into the den.

I follow the french poodle with the blue slipperies and tuck her in. Her beautiful blondness smiles at me... and that is my cue that I am excused from her presence.

Ma Ma !!!! ............. Ma Ma............ she comes back to find me after a while. "I'm hungry"

After some negotiations and discussion she agrees amongst herself that this mornings fare will be smoked salmon creamcheese set upon open faced cheese ritz crackers... on her favourite plate, but any plate will do.... she instructs.

"Thank you Ma Ma"... as she takes herself back to the den.

The plate of food is delivered, and the blankets around her are snuggly set into place. She's all smiles... "OOOH, thank-you Ma Ma............"

It's 6:37 hrs. All is well....

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I'm so deep... there's no way out. Besides.. I'm frightened of a starving fusspot... and beware.. you should be too... you do live in the almost close proximity to her!!