Monday, April 11, 2005

let me sing a song...

John Couger-Mellencamp knew what he was singing about when he came up with the lovely lyrics of "the walls come tumblin down, come crumblin and tumblin...."... or something like that.

That is what has happened here. Right now. Or so it appears by my Miss Fusspot, and just prior to that it was the boy... sitting on my knee... learning tales that will last him a life time, at least I hope it will.

My house is still intact... it's the smaller versions of me that are crumbling around the gills... and I am trying to steady them as best I can.

Miss Carnivore-princess Fusspot is very unhappy that her "meat" is burnt. I guess it's a little dark... but it was left overs from last night... but then I managed to spill a little ceasar salad dressing in her rice... and that put the girl over the edge. She did however do justice on her great number of carrots. Now she's pissed that the boys have gone to the ball field... and she wasn't invited. She doesn't play ball, (or with balls, now that soccer is over)... but she's pissed all the same. She was demanding that she be included in the baseball practicing festivities...I then broke it to my little blondy... all those boys are doing is going to a big empty field.... there is nothing to look at, nor anything to do.. it's best you stay home with your warm stuffed animals and cat collection... I could tell by her smirk that there was a glimmer of hope that I would live another day. On that very thought... she heard the sounds of the Berenstein Bears trailing from down the hallway... and in a flash she was gone. Yes, that's one broken heart alright.

The boy on the otherhand is having a bit of a learning curve... as he usually does... which I am thankful for. He is forgetting who is in charge, and most importantly.. who makes the rules. I asked him the standard question of who is in charge... and when he is on his learning curve.. he mistakenly says "he is". WRONG ANSWER BOY!!!!!! Then after some hissing and growling .... by the two of us... he then sets in on his clean-up the "grounding" issue that he has for the next while. He slightly pissed me off the other day... because of the way he acted... so... that was it.. computer and Ps2 gone. GONE. And.. I did let him keep the TV privileges because... if he didn't get it right with losing the other two.. he would certainly figure it out once he had lost the TV... and he loves his certain shows... Then of course... he comes back at me with the "oh... yes, you really love me when you take everything away from me...." Me... being as evil as he claims me to be.. continues on with the standard..."OH, youngson... if I were to give you those privileges back, you would learn nothing in life.. if anything you will understand how important it is to be able to conduct yourself in a decent manner ... at all times".

And now.. after dealing with all of those acadamy award performances.. I only wish I could sip on a Smirnoff Ice... but I will not... because I am thinking that somehow my head does not like those things...(((weep, weep, weep)))... they give me wicked headaches..... perhaps I am not drinking enough... of them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Deanna, Upon 1st glance at the "Walls com tumblin down" referance, I presumed you were going to describe how Husbandman had begun the major Laundry room reno! Im so dissapointed!!!!
Way to go, with the parenting, Be mean, always stick to your guns, they do eventually learn something from it!!!