Thursday, April 14, 2005

14 YEARS OF HELL

Mr. Husbandman thanked me yesterday. A thank you for fourteen years of hell. Of which was stated to me:

  1. If he didn't know me, he would be richer.
  2. If he didn't know me, he would have more hair.
  3. If he didn't know me, what hair he would have, would be dark.

On those remarks alone.....off I went:

  1. I spent lots of his (ours) money.
  2. I coloured by "quad coloured hair don't" to a respectable double hair tint.
  3. I bought him a non stick deep dish skillet with a lid.... so he can practice putting his hand inside the skillet, with the lid on..... and see what hell is really like.
  4. I bought him a card..(I did contemplate a "thank-you for your hospitality card")... and then clarified the hair issue: (1) he could remedy that with the aid of science, and (2) the grey didn't really start to take form until the sweetness fusspot-pipster entered our lives, so he would have to rescind the mornings statements, and come up with a better critique about 14 years of hell. And... I am still waiting for a response.

Oh, and to make the day feel even more special... I bought two dinners that I could (kind-of) prepare.... and dessert. What did he eat.... leftovers. Did I care... No!.... now that's love.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary. Doesnt seem like 14 years since you dressed me in the green, beer can holder dress! I do remember it being a very special day and I was so honnored to be part of it.