Friday, April 15, 2005

Kittens and Lions

We all tread lightly some days. We have to .... It's got to do with survival...... here..I'll take you back a number of hours:

Yesterday morning I sent the Pip off in a such a state that I didn't think she would make it through the day. A state being rather messy for such an early hour of the day. Oh well... Some days that's the way it is... Except for Pip.

When I picked her up from school... she looked an exaggerated version of what had left in the morning... but with more pep, more personality, and a tad dirtier than she was already from the morning. But as I was to find out... This had been the best day of her 7 but almost 8 year old life. As I quickly slammed her runners on her feet and sent her with a snack... she found her way out to running club... where she proceeded to run 5 steps and walk 250. She has her own version... and that's all good.

We traveled to Tae Kwon Do with my two, and the-child-that-isn't-mine-and-corrects-my-two-with-every-word-from-their-mouths-... Until I remind "the child that isn't mine"... Enough please... Pip continued to be pleasant while at TKD...she hates this white costumed event, and since they don't hand out pink belts as a reward for kicking someone... she clearly isn't interested. Pip would do well at TKD.... she would do well kicking targets, and (ooooops) sometimes people.... Perhaps she will have to grow into it... Lord knows she has time... The boy will be going for a while yet..

I fed them a "bunwhich" from the bakery below the TKD school... and got the girl-that-likes-to-hang-around-with-us-all-the-time a cookie. I was hoping that I could drop her off....that didn't happen... I gave her my bunwhich (which is quite tasty!) from the bakery... and all the worlds were good... and we made our way to the boy's ballgame.

Now I knew that the world had been far too good for this part of the day, the Lady Pip had no crisis, situations, or interventions. Either she was slipping through the cracks, or the world really was good when she was in a high state of messy-ness. But... all good things must come to and end. I took her home early from the ball game.

Things went well... I dropped some bath bubbles into her tub of cleanliness... and she was all smiles. Her and her Barbie were lifted to another world. WE tried to get her out when Survivor came along.. but that was a wasted effort. This girl loves Survivor. But, it was all quiet coming from the bathroom...

At the stroke of 8:58 we hear some yelling. Yes, yelling from the bathroom... "MA MA!..... MA MA!.... get me out of here, I have to watch Survivor now,.... (and then the even more dreaded words..) HURRY MA MA .... I am going to miss it".... she yells from way down the hallway. The boy, Mr. Husbandman and myself all sit in horror with the events about to unfold. We are all too scared to move. She roars again........ MA MA.... ARE YOU COMING???. gulp....yes

Before I have a chance to face the lion she has freed herself from the tub, walks to the den... and stands in complete disbelief.. as she watches the credits rolling for Survivor. THAT'S IT... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME... YOU ARE ALL EVIL!!! were the first string of words... she continues.. and I let her go on..(she continued to point fingers that it was all my fault, and I let her wail, for a moment, and then I said to her that she refused to get out of the tub... so she paused for a moments thought, but continued on another tyrant).. and through this... her beautiful little face was all pink and pretty, and she had slight curls around the rim of her face, and every sentence ended with a 'ma ma'... and it just sounded so sad. So, what's best for calming the wild beast.....

I made her walk down into my room, and told her to close her eyes... I then opened my closet and reached for a little bag that I had just hidden earlier that day. Inside was a beautiful deep red ice-cream pictured pair of slippery jammies. I slipped them over her head.... and POOF.... the lion had been tamed. "oh Ma Ma... I just love these new slipperies... these are just beautiful!"... as she skittled off to show the still frightened Mr. Husbandman.

The boy was in his room... and was wondering whether there was something for him.... "Yes son, silence".

No comments: